Sunday, October 24, 2010

Remote Control Park Flyers

Park flyers are a type of remote control airplane that does not require a large open space to operate. They are designed to be slow flying and therefore can be flown in smaller areas such as a front yard, parking lot, and local park.  Generally a park flyer is powered by a small electric engine and controlled by a simple 2 channel transmitter. They are either have a Styrofoam body and wings or a straight stick fuselage with balsa wood wings. They are easy to fly with simple controls and do not require the same effort as large nitro and gas powered RC planes.
I recently purchased a Fundango® park flyer kit from Great Planes. I recently completed the frame work for the wings and tail section and I have gotten a majority of them covered. I am using the engine, servos, receiver, and ESC from another small remote control that I recently crashed. I am hoping to have this park flyer completed within the next week.
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment